- Facilities Officer, Public Services and Procurement Canada. July 2016 - present, Gatineau QC -- Member of the Corporate Accommodations team handling tenant service requests for PSPC office space in the national capital region.
- Interior Design Consultant, Global Affairs Canada. May 2011 - May 2016, Ottawa ON -- Member of in-house team responsible for designing Canada's embassy offices and official residences abroad.
- Assistant Designer, Heartwood Kitchens and Baths. June 2009 to June 2010, Ottawa ON -- Assisted in a small family firm that designed, built, and installed custom kitchens and baths.
- Hardware Services Agent, Nokia. April 2006 - April 2007, Ottawa ON -- Dispatched parts and service to repair and replace firewall servers, including 4 hour SLA onsite service.
- Web Application Consultant, BlueLightning Studios. Jan. 2003 - May 2003, Ottawa ON -- Teamed up with Chris Reed on a detailed proposal to develop an intranet for a call centre.
- Helpdesk Analyst, Compaq/HP. Aug. 2001 - June 2004, Ottawa ON -- Responded to customers' technical issues and questions relating to their personal computers.
- Bachelor of Applied Arts – Interior Design, Algonquin College, 2011 – 2007 -- ARIDO recognized, CIDA accredited 4 year program.
- Bachelor of Humanities – Liberal Arts, Carleton University, 2001 – 1997.
- ARIDO (Association of Registered Interior Designers of Ontario). Member #58202, intern.
- IDC (Interior Designers of Canada). IDCEC #21-00037894
- Creative Communicators, Toastmasters Club #1567785. Member since April 2015, Secretary and Webmaster since Oct. 2015.
Oriented to the private sector. Meant for colour printing. PDF format.
Details of my role and challenges in selected projects.
Oriented to government clients. Black and white, Word format.
Small sampler of project visuals. 2 pages, PDF format.
My full portfolio, 11" x 17" pages, PDF format. (Large file.)
What I'm looking for
- A variety of compelling and challenging projects to tackle, so that I keep gaining skill, breadth, and maturity as a designer and a professional.
- A workspace that fosters concentration, and provides great tools to work with.
- A culture of respect, camaraderie, autonomy, trust, and honesty.
- A team that welcomes the offbeat. More syncopation makes for better jazz; more polymath geeks makes for better lunchtime conversations.
- To know that I am valued for both the quality of my work and the particular spark that I bring to our team and our clients.
- A leader who goes to bat for their people, builds esprit du corps, and who encourages and invests in us as individuals.
- Colleagues that inspire each other to do better and aim higher.
- To be mentored and to mentor in return.
- A company and manager that knows that for us to do our best work, we also need to explore, learn, rest and play.