- Facilities Officer, Public Services and Procurement Canada. July 2016 - August 2017, Gatineau QC -- Member of the Corporate Accommodations team handling tenant service requests for PSPC office space in the national capital region.
- Interior Design Consultant, Global Affairs Canada. May 2011 - May 2016, Ottawa ON -- Member of in-house team responsible for designing Canada's embassy offices and official residences abroad.
- Assistant Designer, Heartwood Kitchens and Baths. June 2009 to June 2010, Ottawa ON -- Assisted in a small family firm that designed, built, and installed custom kitchens and baths.
- Hardware Services Agent, Nokia. April 2006 - April 2007, Ottawa ON -- Dispatched parts and service to repair and replace firewall servers, including 4 hour SLA onsite service.
- Web Application Consultant, BlueLightning Studios. Jan. 2003 - May 2003, Ottawa ON -- Teamed up with Chris Reed on a detailed proposal to develop an intranet for a call centre.
- Helpdesk Analyst, Compaq/HP. Aug. 2001 - June 2004, Ottawa ON -- Responded to customers' technical issues and questions relating to their personal computers.
- Bachelor of Applied Arts – Interior Design, Algonquin College, 2011 – 2007 -- ARIDO recognized, CIDA accredited 4 year program.
- Bachelor of Humanities – Liberal Arts, Carleton University, 2001 – 1997.
- ARIDO (Association of Registered Interior Designers of Ontario). Member #58202, intern.
- IDC (Interior Designers of Canada). IDCEC #21-00037894
- Creative Communicators, Toastmasters Club #1567785. Member since April 2015, Secretary and Webmaster since Oct. 2015.
Exactly what it says.
2 page sampler of project visuals.
Details of my role and challenges in selected projects.
My full portfolio, 11" x 17" pages, PDF format. (Large file.)
What I'm looking for
- A variety of compelling and challenging projects to tackle, so that I keep gaining skill, breadth, and maturity as a designer and a professional.
- A workspace that fosters concentration, and provides great tools to work with.
- A culture of respect, camaraderie, autonomy, trust, and honesty.
- A team that welcomes the offbeat. More syncopation makes for better jazz; more polymath geeks makes for better lunchtime conversations.
- To know that I am valued for both the quality of my work and the particular spark that I bring to our team and our clients.
- A leader who goes to bat for their people, builds esprit du corps, and who encourages and invests in us as individuals.
- Colleagues that inspire each other to do better and aim higher.
- To be mentored and to mentor in return.
- A company and manager that knows that for us to do our best work, we also need to explore, learn, rest and play.